R.I.P. Model Train Magazine Index
scubadude wrote: "I think this is a pure business move. I find it funny how many folks seem to think Kalmbach is evil just because they are trying to operate a business at a profit. Obviously, costs must be cut for them to continue, just like everybody else. I suppose the alternative is to go out of business completely."

Unfortunately, it seems these days that both the Government and the "Lame Street Media" would have us all believe that "Corporations are evil. Corporations are greedy because they're only in it for the profit they make."

Duh!

That's the only reason anyone goes into business ... to make money! I'd be willing to bet next month's Social Security check that there has never been anyone who woke up one morning and said to themselves, "Geez, there sure are a lot of people out of work! I think I'll start a business so I can give some of those people a job and pay them." Net Profit is more often that not turned right back into a business in the form of investment in equipment, new product research and in many companies it even figures into the the annual employee pay raise percentage.

And yet, we are contantly told that the current economic situation is all the fault of the greedy, evil corporations! Well, in all honesty, when was the last time a poor man offered you a job?
biL

Lehigh Susquehanna & Western 

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." ~~Abraham Lincoln

Messages In This Thread