R.I.P. Model Train Magazine Index
ocalicreek Wrote:...and another thing. Why did it take Joe's intervention to make it happen? Why couldn't the good-hearted intelligent folks over at Kalmbach (is that better?) do exactly what he's doing?

No, seriously, think about it. What stopped them from choosing that route? Why didn't they do that?

We can only speculate on the answers without asking them directly. But my point is this - there is a solution, probably several options available to them. They chose not to take them. They chose to remove this index because they felt it was too difficult or expensive to find a solution that would keep it alive.

I'd say it's fair to assume that they didn't see the value of the resource as equal to or greater than the cost associated with keeping it. Is that fair to say? I'm not bashing anybody, just stating the facts that they didn't do what Joe is now trying to do.

Galen
Just a quick comment here, remember, Kalembach is a big organization, a "big wheel" so to speak, and remember, a big wheel, like a steam engine, is not only hard to put in motion, but once moving, it's difficult to stop. Someone there may have thought of this solution, but by the time it got to where it actually looked like things were going to happen, other people jumped in with their version. The big deal here is that the rank and file, Kalembach's customers, voiced their opinion and something is being done about it. That's a good thing for everyone concerned.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD

Messages In This Thread