Sumpter250's 2010 Summer structure challenge, boat house
ocalicreek Wrote:I think MRC may have a willow in their new line of trees (you know, the free tree offer). I don't think you can get a willow with that offer, but it may be worth a try. Otherwise, if you don't plan to make one, check the Scenic Express catalog. Great stuff there and I bet they have a willow. Galen

I've seen an MRC willow picture, they do relatively well on their trees, but I really want to build this one ( have wanted to for a number of years, but hadn't found materials that could come close to doing one justice. I think I may have finally found the material.......we'll see. ) just because it's a challenge that I need to step up to.
The one on the left is where I'm thinking of going:

The trunk of that tree is 30" - 36" diameter, and the tree is roughly 42' tall ( 5-3/4" in HO )
I'll most likely use wire to form the trunk and major branch structure ( easy part ). The finer branches and leaves ? That, will take some doing, and may prove more tedious than all the shingles......but, if it all works?... 2285_
This also will be done in my New Modules thread.
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!

Messages In This Thread