Help me pick an industry
Well, I was watching an episode of dirty jobs one time and saw something that would be easy to model.

I don't remember the name of the material, but it would be pretty easy to model. They use it as a base for some paints, and it's like boot black or boot blank or something of that nature. It's a rock of sorts that they milled into a finer grain, then bagged it and shipped it.

A possible way of modeling it would be to have a loading dock where boxcars of bags can be unloaded, then that same boxcar reloaded with the material after bagging, maybe a couple more to handle the amount of loading, which would also be dependent on the amount of traffic you have.

To utilize hoppers, you could have the un-crushed rock in covered hoppers, then load it as a large bulk shipment into another covered hopper. You could also have the un-crushed rock in open hoppers for a short travel distance from where it was loaded into the car to the mill.

You could have one track be hoppers in, and the other boxcars in, then both would also serve as the outbound track for the same type of car. One track would be hoppers out, the other boxcars out.

Messages In This Thread