Poll: 2010 gauage trip.
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
August 14/15 weekend at the East Broad top
0%
0 0%
Fall spectacular at the East Broad top
66.67%
6 66.67%
August EBT with fall spectacular as a backup rain date
11.11%
1 11.11%
Summerail
22.22%
2 22.22%
Total 9 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

EBT, Altoona trip
Gentlemen ... ( I use that term advisedly 357 )

I wish I could join you all in my home state, in my old railfanning stomping grounds, but current health conditions wil not permit. I was going to go to my 45th High School Reunion the following weekend and that's not going to happen, either!

So ... I have a small favor to ask ... maybe everyone could take a piece of it.

I have a few ('70's) vintage Quality Craft kits -- four hoppers, three boxcars and a caboose -- that are of East Broad Top prototype. I would like to "do them up in fine style," making them as true to the prototype as possible, car number for car number. I have a couple of grainy images from the instruction sheets that give a general idea, but no real detail.

If a couple of you could get me a few good photos of the caboose with any relevant details, and a few shots of the hoppers and boxcars I'd sure appreciate it. I'd even do a photo "toot" of the builds, if that would in any way pay back the favor.

My activities are of necessity being curtailed at least for the time being until I can regain enough strength to get around a bit, so I'll probably be spending a little more time at the kitchen table, building stuff (I still have doors and assorted detailing to build for my Challenge structure!)

As I have no Slim Gauge right-of-way, and no plans to lay any narrow trackage, I'd just like to build a nice little EBT train, minus motive power, to put on a plexiglas covered, ballasted, detailed display track. Any help you fine gents could afford me would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks! Cheers
biL

Lehigh Susquehanna & Western 

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." ~~Abraham Lincoln

Messages In This Thread