A few industries for possible modeling
Here are a couple of examples of an industry I'm including on my future switching layout. Coca-Cola/Pepsi Cola bottling plant (Coke is my preference)
First we have a shot of the Pepsi Plant and their corn syrup unloading facility in nearby Lexington, KY     This plant is located on the former Southern Railway Lexington-Versailles-Lawrenceburg branch, now operated by R J Corman. Only two of the tank cars can be unloaded at a time, although the short spur (constructed when the line was operated by Gulf & Ohio Railways as the Lexington & Ohio Railroad).
Here's another example of a Coca-Cola plant in Marietta, GA, located on an industrial spur. This was former Louisville & Nashville track, now operated by the Georgia Northeastern Railroad     Besides being a great destination for the tank cars, what appeals to me is that I can place this facility along the front edge of the layout and only need model the concrete pad, a small pump house and some piping, with the main building being "suggested" as Lance Mindheim would say. Could add the cat-walk as on the Pepsi Plant if desired.
Most of the tank cars I see at the Lexington Pepsi plant seem to be Tate & Lyle (A E Staley), but the ones at the Coke plant look like all ADM.
Ed
"Friends don't let friends build Timesavers"

Messages In This Thread