WOOHOO! Good weather = time to build
Did some research on GoogleEarth and then went scouting to get some more prototype photos. I'll be going back to get some measurements of various things so these bridges can be added to my layout. I've been enjoying the bridge building, and have searched out a few more places for these bridges to go on the layout. Originally I had not planned for all these bridges, but, like I mentioned, it is interesting and gratifying to mimic the proto structures, and I think the elevation changes in the terrain add a great deal to an otherwise flat layout. Hope y'all enjoy the bridges.

As I do these builds, I'll start new threads in the Scratchbuilding forum.

First, this is a fairly large structure over Brays Bayou near Mason Park in southeast Houston. The bridge is about 270 feet long from abutment to abutment.

Next is a road underpass on Forest Hill Blvd, a relatively minor side street in an older neighborhood. The painted-green concrete work and the little steel I-beam bridge make this one look like a fun build.

Last is another road underpass at South Wayside near Navigation. I like this one because of the interesting concrete work on the pedestrian railings.

Three Foot Rule In Effect At All Times

Messages In This Thread