WOOHOO! Good weather = time to build
Interesting story, Ed. So did you go back later and finish your research?

biL, only one time I've asked management to let me view their buidling, they told me no. This was at a plastic molding company, I couldn't see the pneumatic unloading system for the covered hoppers from the street. Of course, it doesn't hurt to ask, worse that can happen is they say no, which is the same as if you didn't ask in the first place.

Made a little bit of progress last night and today. First, cut the windows into the brick sheet and put some strip styrene in.

Cut in the doors and installed the louvers and then got the walls ready for installation onto the plywood core. Also glued a styrene roof onto the plywood. The windows are .040 clear plastic, painted black on the back.

Used 3M 77 spray on glue, love that stuff! Sticks like crazy and dries fast, it is like a spray on contact cement. No waiting time for it to dry at all. It does necessitate masking off the area where you don't want the glue to go though, since it is a spray.

Added some of the details like the canopy. Am currently working on all the pipes. The green line is squadron putty to replicate a long line on the building that doesn't have brick showing. don't know if it is part of the second story concrete slab, but it is painted whitte like the rest of the building, just no mortar joints.

Slapped on two coats of thinned white paint, and painted the red lines. Funny how our brains work... the model also semed to tall for its width, but with the long red lines, it now looks perfect size to me. Still a lot of details to do, the lights on top, a very thing dark wash to go on, all the pipes on the other side of the building, the gas meter and piping, finish the roof, AC unit and vent up there. Also need to do the oubuilding and AC compressor unit on the ground.

And the real thing for comparison. This buidling went together pretty darned quickly. Smile

Messages In This Thread