WOOHOO! Good weather = time to build
Besides the "super strong" structure, I don't have to worry about internal bracing, don't have to worry about any warping, it relieves me from worrying about any "structural elements". This allows me to concentrate on the details of the building while I am sitting at the workbench. . Really, this isn't any different than some of the cardstock core buildings I have seen folks build here on Big Blue, except that the cardstock is replaced with plywood. I have lots of scrap plywood laying around, but no cardstock.

I haven't built a building with a cardstock core, but I percieve it to be a pain, lots of cutting and slicing with a hobby knife, then glueing, waiting for the glue to dry, all that. With the plywood, just some carpenter's glue and drywall screws. Since I have convenient access to a tablesaw and such, it just makes sense to me to do them this way. With the plywood, if the cuts are square on all planes, it naturally goes together at 90 degree angles. Can't say that with other construction methods.

And, I've had a propensity for overkill my entire life. Icon_lol

Messages In This Thread