A Rant
MountainMan Wrote: ... If you accept crappy goods, you simply encourage the creation and sale of more of the same, and you become part of the problem instead of part of the solution.

AMEN!

As the former manager of a model railroad-oriented Hobby Shop (albeit back in the seventies) those are exactly my feelings as well!

Elsewhere on this forum I recently discussed making molds of someone else's product for other than personal use (Paige Enterprises knocking off SS Ltd.'s supurb castings) As soon as I found out about that situation, the Paige Enterprises kits came off the shelf and the whole lot of them went back to our distributor, AHM (later IHM, both operations of the late Bernie Paul in Philadephia, PA) and I let them deal with it.

Legal is legal ... quality level is quality level. If you were unhappy about how your steak was cooked in a steak house restaurant, would you shrug your shoulders and eat it anyway, or would you send it back? Same thing here!
biL

Lehigh Susquehanna & Western 

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." ~~Abraham Lincoln

Messages In This Thread