Question about Wahl Oil
[quote="wgrider"]I've heard alot of good things about wd-40. You may also want to take a look at this I copied it from some where but haven't tried it.
c/p
Hints and Tips Page

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Track Cleaning and CRC 2-26

About 25 years ago we encountered a moisture problem with our Generators (they got flooded). After 2 weeks drying time two of the three Megged OK to put on line, the third one just wouldn't dry, so we got 10 Gallons of 2-26 and soaked the thing down. It brought the thing way up in resistance, but still not enough, and there wasn't a drop of 2-26 anywhere. We called CRC for help. The engineer told us that 5-56 was the same thing in the gallon cans, the difference in the aerosol cans was the propellant. There was lots of 5-56 out there and one more application brought her up to where we could put her on line too. I would not use much of this as it too has an oily residue that will attract dirt.
To put a little prospective on this we use about a quart of soy based grease on 3.5 miles of track to keep the flange noise down. I don't know how you would scale that down. Goldth Someone will figure it out.
Charlie

Messages In This Thread