WOOHOO! Good weather = time to build
Appreciate that commentary, biL. Alot of times, we seem to have realized something, yet we don't put it into practice. I'm thinking that some of it may be an unwillingness to put in the work, wondering if the results will be worth the effort, and perhaps feeling it won't, that a "good enough" result can be had with less effort. But the funny thing is, if you put in the work up front, and keep doing it, it will cease being hard effort and will become second nature, just as you mention. As with anything, you get out what you put in, and I'm not just talking about a good result on the layout. I'm also talking about the personal developemtn of skills and perspective and knowledge. Sometimes, an epipahany itself is the reward!

I am going to make a valiant effort to stand back from the photos I am using, and just "see" them for awhile, trying to discern the basic elements that are there - not the minor details and distractions, but the overall form. Just exactly what is it that will give the illusion of the photo on the backdrop? What minimal amount of shapes will still give the effect?

This is very cool stuff! Thanks biL!

Messages In This Thread