Letting Off Steam- No Pun intended
The vast majority of modelers that I have met in person seem to be a bit "not all there". This is why I frequent this forum, and one or two others online, and in the real world I model at home by myself. As far as passenger ops go, I don't have a lot of space. I don't run auto racks, 5 unit intermodal cars, 89' flats, and I only have half a dozen Tuscan Red passenger cars. I don't know why, but I am also much more interested in moving freight than people. I am interested in PRR heavy electric ops, but it is a very complicated aspect of the hobby to model, with limited availability (except the GG1 of course) and catenary is very complicated to model. I therefore choose instead to model what I know.

I can tell you, though, If I had a million dollars and a warehouse I would build my dream layout. I would need to hire line crews to build all of the catenary that would be involved. It would be based in Phily, there would be heavy freight and passenger as well as commuter. And the focal point would be "30th Street" to "MANTUA" AKA "ZOO" interlocking, including the West Philadelphia Elevated line/Delaware Extension. Now THAT is... or at least was in Pennsy's prime... the epitome of electric railroading right there.
-Dave

Messages In This Thread