dumpsters
So I guess maybe rural PA didn't have those kinds of dumpster then? The dumpsters pictured in this thread are so cool though that I think I'd add them any way Randy! Maybe add a bear or two prowling around them. Smile

bil, I enjoy your posts and stories and even manage to temper my knee jerk Liberal reaction to your occasional subtle editorial remarks. Gotta say though...your folks probably got a good deal on garbage collection because the guy with the pick up didn't bother taking the time to investigate approved sites or thought he'd skirt the rules the rest of us agree to follow and just dumped crap wherever he felt like it. The later increased rate was probably what they should have paid, I imagine. As for the bears...I'll bet they liked that source of food which they wouldn't have come by in Nature and which disrupted their normal scavenging, so sure they'd come lookin' elsewhere once it was gone. So, yeah, when we mess with Nature we tend to pay for it. I'm kind of grateful to "environmentalists" who appreciate that and try to advocate for more thoughtful use of resources.

Mostly though I think with envy about what a lucky kid you were to have a cabin in the Poconos! Thumbsup

Ralph

Messages In This Thread