Krispy kreme, effingham, il
Mr Fixit Wrote:Just for everyones information.

The field [we call 'em paddocks 'down under'] to the left of the front view of the plant can I believe be seen in some photos and possibly in Google street view as a field of corn. Or should I write that as a corn field?
Mark

At the end of stevens ave where it meets raney there is actually a farmer with cows so you can include that too.
As for the town its went up and down quite abit, lost alot of industry. I actually remember when EFRR came on the scene I had moved but as a railfan it became #1 priority over seeing grandma when I came back. I had planned on modeling the efrr. It would have been fairly easy; a rock pit (walthers kit), passing side for interchange, for Krispy Kreme I was going to represent using just the tanks and the shed(the shed is a dead ringer for a pikestuff kit), and then end of the line the TQW warehouse(pikestuff again). With that said it has grown alot to the south but I'll be honest I havent had that much time to get down there and check it out.
Colorpress was a major printer and employer across from the EF on the IC they went out of business and TQW took over the building, decently large operation with a spur off the IC.
If you have any questions let me know, I should be able to answer somethings or any requests for pictures or such I'm do for a visit down there around easter.

Messages In This Thread