The House for San Bernardino
Gary S Wrote:I would have guessed that the scrap shaving pile would have been even bigger, considering all the filing you did for all the windows!
Well, I suppose it could have been but I drilled all those holes first. Yeah, I did file a lot, but when I used the Dremel with the fine cut tungsten cutter, the shavings were flying everywhere around this breakfast area! The next tenant in this house will probably find some ... they really were flying! 357

Gary S Wrote:What color will the house be painted, and what kind of roof does it get? Will you be doing the electric service and meter and panel and such?
The house will be either a pale grey-green or a pale blue-grey ... depending on what the "project manager decides when I tell him I'm ready to paint. The windows will have to be painted white. I was going to do it in light tan with dark brown windows, but the P.M. did his first one that combo, so I'll repaint my windows white ... no biggie ... I like my airbrushes! Thumbsup

The roof will be dark grey shingle, that's been established. I will add the plumbing vent pipes for the bath and the kitchen. (A structure wouldn't pass "Code" in my book without them. They're things that you don't miss it they're not there, and when they are there, you look right by them because they look "normal." Besides, if you use short lengths of brass tube and run a short machine screw up from the bottom, they make good handles to grab when removing the roof!

And there will be electric service, the meter and the whole nine yards (maybe not the wire, as it won't get "planted" until all houses are built and the neighborhood will come out as one good-sized piece and all the houses will be "planted," the necessary wires will be run from the underside for lighting and the neighborhood will itself be "re-planted."

For Contest Judging, I think I'm going to place it on a lot, with the driveway and the garage and maybe a backyard tree. I may run a tempoary wire to electric service for that. But the lot will not be part of the layout ... the Project Manager has a plan ... :?

And, yes, Tetters, at this point, I too am looking forward to the finished model. I have made many mistakes and done things over ... that has added time to the build. I have not worked on it as consistantly as I should have, plus I've now spent over a week developing this applied wall texture. I think I may have finally arrived at the way to apply it and get a consistant texture. We'll see. And then, I'll have to send a couple photos to Model Railroad Hobbiest and wait for their decision ... it all depends on if they like the photos! Then I'll have to sit down and work (write!) (And I'll have to get some decent photography lights! I had some, but they failed to make the move when I went ahead for the new job and my then-wife packed my stuff ... coffee cans of collected red shale dust and actual culm collected from a Colliery up near Scranton-Wilkes Barre, PA didn't make the move, either!) Wallbang Wallbang Wallbang Curse
biL

Lehigh Susquehanna & Western 

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." ~~Abraham Lincoln

Messages In This Thread