WOOHOO! Good weather = time to build
ocalicreek Wrote:I'd have to view the layout in person and spend some time operating it in order to get the full experience and draw a real conclusion

Come on down anytime!

ocalicreek Wrote:Another 'common wisdom' you seem to be ignoring (and I'm glad!) is the whole notion of a valance. Hiding lights behind a little vertical curtain only seems to draw my eye up into that well lit space. Maybe I'm too tall for the designs I've seen, but most of the time they just get in the way or create visual clutter in the periphery.

A valence never even came to mind as I was doing the lighting, so I didn't purposely ignore it, it just happened. Big Grin But after operating on another layout that had a valence, I sort of liked the way it looked. I looked around my train room to see if it was possible to add a valence, but the light fixture arrangement and placement, and the fact that the center wall doesn't go all the way to the ceiling, doesn't really lend itself to one. So, I quickly abandoned the thought.

ocalicreek Wrote:You keep right on disproving conventional wisdom. Thumbsup It's working!

Thanks for the support, Galen. Smile

Messages In This Thread