Valve
Reinhard has certainly set us a real puzzler here. Maybe a member from California can help out here?

I am definitely perplexed. I agree with others that its not gas or anything dangerous, but the lack of signage has me stumped.
Here in Melbourne, fire service facilities are usually in red painted cupboards with white writing that clearly states what it contains. At the very least the cupboard doors need to be well signed. There is also usually a blue cats eye reflector on the roadway nearby.
A sample of the types of cupboards would read; Fire Hydrant with Hose Reel [a very common item], Fire Hydrant Booster Connection, Fire Sprinkler Booster Connection. The last two are to be found at larger premises sometimes in multiple locations.
At the school where I work there are several of these later types of cupboards around the perimeter of the grounds in close proximity to various buildings. For example in the grounds just in from the fence in the Boarding Houses area is a large cupboard with a Hydrant Booster Connection in one half and a Fire Sprinkler Booster Connection in the other half. I know this because I had to apply the adhesive lettering to the cabinet following its repainting. These are also checked by the fire services company that checks all the extinguishers and hose reels which are sometimes tampered with by naughty boys.

Mark
Fake It till you Make It, then Fake It some More

Messages In This Thread