"Mission complete Houston"
Mike Kieran Wrote:NASA has future space ships on the drawing board. What I wish they would do is not put in unnecessary technology. The hatches were electrically operated while the Russian spacecraft had manual cranks. It's just a matter of what can be fixed easier in space and keeping it simple.
Yeah, the frivolous USA strikes again Smile And of course, there must be triple redundancy on all such nonsensical connections.. Sad Sad

Mike Kieran Wrote:I remember the story about how NASA spent millions of dollars developing a pen that could be used in zero gravity. The Russians turned around and told them that was nice, they just use a pencil.
HEY!!! I had one of those "Fisher Space Pens" and I enjoyed writing upside down, while laying on the couch, studing for those school tests ~ which ... I always seemed to fai..... uhh We may have found an ongoing "cause and effect" problem here.... Goldth Goldth Nope
........ But it was a COOL PEN!!!! Just 'cause it cost "real" money to make, was immaterial.. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Mike Kieran Wrote:The one thing that I would avoid doing if I were NASA is naming the ships anything with the letter C for obvious superstitious reasons.
Wow!!! I never thought of that!!!
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    
~~ Baldwin Eddystone Unofficial Website

~~ I wonder what that would look like in 1:20.3???

Messages In This Thread