Problems with the painful procedure for placing pictures...
path Wrote:The gallery has some special css code that does the "lytebox" effect. That is when you click on an image and it comes to the foreground and grays out the background forum webpage. I'm not sure if there is a problem with that and I'm not sure how many people use that feature. I suspect some people upload stuff to the gallery and then link to it using the "img" button instead of the "albumimg" button. That probably won't work so well, but I think all of this adds to the confusion.

I also wonder if there are too many ways to display images and that could be confusing. But I think that people who use each of these methods really prefer them over other methods, so if one were disabled.. a bunch of people would be upset.

Based on what I'm used to, clicking on the image is the intuitive way to get an enlargement, which would also provide you with a line of "img" data to copy, which you would then paste into your post. However, I much prefer the size and quality of the image supplied by clicking on the photo's "Image Name" - not intuitive for me (yet), which does give you the "img" data to copy, for posting. The resultant picture, when posted, however, is partially cut-off along its right side. If the viewer clicks on this image, they'll see the complete picture, but in the "lytebox" effect.

Sorry to be such a pain in the rectal tissue about this, Pat, but if it's any consolation, I bitched a lot about the Gallery and picture posting in that "other" place, too. Misngth I do appreciate the trouble you're going to in order to get this working right, though, and I'm willing to be patient.
It's a lot easier to convey information with a few pictures than it is to keep blathering on with a lot of words, although the ability to easily post satisfactory images is unlikely to temper my verbosity. 790_smiley_picking_a_fight Wink Misngth

Wayne

Messages In This Thread