WOOHOO! Good weather = time to build
Thank you Mister Nutbar. My apologies for having been scarce lately. I've just been having so much fun operating the layout!

The north wall is no longer a blue foam prairie. I did some major carving on the foam to match the terrain along Mykawa Road in south Houston. Obviously still have alot of work to do there. Added 4 new buildings modeled after indutries just west of Hobby Airport. The building in the foreground is Shasta Beverages. They receive corn sweetener in tank cars. The second building a Gulf Winds International, a shipping company. The real building has 12 doors, I could only squeeze in 7. Both buildings obviously need detailing and paint.

Further down the north wall is Univar Chemicals. Neat structure in that the prototype has been added on to three times. Also has very interesting tanks and pipework detail that will eventually be added.

Mountain King Potatos is next, needing paint and details and the unloading chutes for the SLC reefers.

Across the aisle from the above is the Almeda area. I'm using two of the buildings that Kurt sent me to be the basis of "Azrock Tile" which is a real company in Houston. There will be more structures added and of course, all kinds of detail like dust collectors and piping.

Messages In This Thread