WOOHOO! Good weather = time to build
BR60103 Wrote:Nice furniture. One of our dealers used to use drafting drawers for his inventory.

I'm a bit worried about the stuff you have lining the drawers; I'm afraid it might react with your cars. (It may not.) I saw a brass loco that was taken out of the foam box and the foam had integrated itself with the paint.

I was originally looking for drafting drawers like the ones used to store blueprints. Couldn't find what I wanted, so hired my carpenter neighbor to build them.

On the drawer liners, I want to thank you for bringing that point up! Others need to be aware of the possibilities too. I got the material in November. After putting some cars in there and then going back a couple days later, some of the cars were sticking to the plastic liner material... some kind of chemical reaction. Athearn RTR cars were the worst, must be whatever paint formula they use. All the other rollingstock brands have either zero or minimal "stickiness" I've also found that once a car is weathered and dullcoted, there is no reaction at all. I have been and will continue to monitor the situation! Matter of fact, I am going out there right now just to make sure nothing is "welding together"!

Messages In This Thread