Svein's 2012 Resolution challenge
The layout has been on standby for some time now, nothing like a deadline approaching to get going again! Big Grin

This weekend I allmost finished wiring my last section, only the main connections left now. However, when checking all the connections I found that another two of the Peco switches had failed, this is getting a little irritating to say the least..! Wallbang

I fixed one of the switches yesterday, was able to dismantle it in place without removing the entire turnout. First I tried bending the small copper connector inside a little more, hoping that the extra pressure would make for a good electrical connection, but no such luck. After several tries I finally went down to the basement to get a spare switch, and replaced the connector inside. Didn't see any difference between the two, but it seemed to work... :?

This evening I'm having the exact same trouble with another switch. I have opened the switch and bent the tabs on the connector like I did on the first two, but I just can't get a good connection, so I'm probably going to replace this one as well. I beginning to wonder if using these Peco switches was such a good idea after all...

Svein

Messages In This Thread