WOOHOO! Good weather = time to build
Gary S Wrote:The structure was built some time ago, now that I am finally finishing it, I notice that the "door" itself has vertical corrugations instead of horizontal. It almost looks like they welded a sheet of corrugated steel across the openings. I have actually never seen these doors being used. I wonder if they have been completely abandoned.

I don't think those are metal corrugations on the door. They look way to big. I'm wondering if the doors slide on tracks sideways to open instead of rolling up? The other possibility is that the move up and down like an old style solid wood garage door. The vertical corrugations may be some type of dense foam used for insulation. If they had disabled the doors, I don't think they would have left the hydraulic ramps in place, and the curtains would also have either been removed or would have fallen into disrepair. In short, everything looks to well maintained and cared fro to indicate that the doors are no longer used.

By the way, are the ramps commercial castings or did you cast those up your self?

Messages In This Thread