The New Layout
Well, its been a while since i did anything train related so here is an update. Last week i went to Artists Emporium here in Winnipeg. On sale they had an Aztek 470 kit for $79.99 instead of $169.00, Ok I can splurge for that price. And WOW what a difference it makes of the Badger I was using.

So i started re doing some of the U25's that were posted about below. While painting the noses on the units, I had one U25 masked for the usual Reading Green. And while changing paints to the Reading Green from the black, I looked up and saw the unit below.
[Image: IMG-20120405-00082.jpg]
Now this was the first iteration of the EH&S back in my teen years. That is a Tyco GP-20 sitting on a Athearn GP-9 frame. Fairly basic black & yellow paint, All done with Rattle Can. Upon seeing this I looked back at the one U25 awaiting another coat of green paint, looked at my current cup of black paint in the airbrush and you get the following.
[Image: IMG-20120405-00078.jpg]
So this units frame isn't quite finished yet, it only has the yellow applied for the battery boxes. But mounted on the frame I think it looks sharp.
[Image: IMG-20120405-00081.jpg]
Now I am not sure which one I like better......
That light at the end of the Tunnel isn't heaven.........ITS A TRAIN!

My Railpictures.net Pictures
My Ramblings and Pictures

Messages In This Thread