Ghost fleet from my past
fast car Wrote:Schraddel, Are both the white unfinished model and the completed model next to it with the two containers from both the same Lindberg Atlantic Trawler Kit? Very nice work. Larry

Larry,
The " white unfinished model " ( with the red "Revell Harbor Tug" pilot house, from the smaller of the tugs, behind the ships ) is a Collier, a Coastal coal hauler. It has two equally sized cargo hatches, and is unloaded with a crane with a standard clam shell bucket. ( probably a dock crane at the pier. . . but that may change )
The " completed model next to it with the two containers " is a Coastal Freighter, there is a large single cargo hatch under the two containers. It also has a Revell Harbor tug pilot house, that was salvaged from a "wreck".
Both ships started with the Fishing Trawler hull, and some kit bashing /scratch building, in styrene.
I still have one of the Fishing Trawler kits, and one of the Tuna Clipper kits left on the shelf, waiting for me to decide what to turn them into. ( and I do not have another Harbor Tug, to steal the pilot house from ) So, I'll have to figure out what style pilot house the last "Trawler" will get.
http://www.the-gauge.net/forum/viewtopic...=22&t=5936 is where the "Collier's original pilot house" ended up.
The "finished" ship is the "Louis Arthur", named for my father.
The tour ship I'm working on will most probably become the "Letty D" for my mother.
Pete
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!

Messages In This Thread