Some of my custom builds and paint work.....
ngauger Wrote:Nice Diorama.. I always liked Shadow Boxes!!! The bridge brings back great memories. We use to have a B&O bridge near me lettered like that.

Can't wait to see what you more you do with it Smile Smile

Thanks! As you know by seeing the display case, the lettering on the bridge is WAY to big to be scale, BUT, I did that on purpose, for the display case......In all, as HO scale, it should be half the height it is! BUT, I wanted it for a "B&O signage" type thing....

I have MANY display cases, that are for the most part, full, BUT being my 2 favorite locomotives I have, I wanted them out of the dust, and in a lighted display case, BUT being all my other display cases are wooden, I wanted something different then the rest for the 2 EM-1's!

At first, I was going to do a straight trestle and leave it at that, BUT I wanted to angle the trestle, which made me curve the ground level track to get around the bent, and then to give the 90 scale foot span of the girder a reason to be that long.....Thats when I added the little paved road. I will be adding yet one more item to this as the case itself, is not completed and ready to hang on the wall. I have 4 LED spot lights to add in the top corners, and then to finish the trees I have yet to add, and I need to add some more water to the ditch on the left hand side.

I also have all the telephone pole lines, along with the Telegraph lines as well...I also have a few "home" things to add....A guy walking/running a dog, for our household puppy, and a white rabbit on the left side under the trees....(These are our pets) So......Then I plan to add in someone walking across the "catwalk" of the trestle.....PLUS I'd love to find a 1942 Dodge Power Wagon, OR a 1942 Ford F-350 or the like in B&O paint for a service truck, to represent the 1944 to '45 era to "date" the scenery......To be close to the years, the EM-1's were new!

As you see, I got alot planed for this one! :mrgreen:
~John AKA "Yellowstone" OR "EM-1"

Messages In This Thread