dial-up problems
Rain can affect land lines. One way to check is to see if your phone has any noise on it, like scratching sounds. Now days, it's best to avoid dial-up if possible, but I know the cost can get up there for DSL or cable. Still AT&T may cut you a deal just to have you stay with them.

Sometimes upgrading your furnace or A/C system can basically pay for itself in a few years. We had a 20-year old A/C and furnace combo in one of our houses. It finally went out and so we upgraded to a low SEER unit. Our summer electric bills dropped by almost $200 a month, and it paid for itself in about two years. I don't know what kind of saving you'd see on a furnace, but they have to be a lot more efficient than 20 years ago. I was watching them put in a whole-house furnace/water heater on Ask This Old House the other day that was about four-foot square and mounted on the wall. They seldom say how much these things cost though. Nope

Glad to hear Trainfest was such a success, and that you had a good time there. Big Grin
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD

Messages In This Thread