Cereal plant in Cleveland
eje Wrote:This part of the Flats hasn't been 'hip' for a good thirty years! I should add that the cereal plant area was brilliantly illuminated with that harsh yellowish lighting, and on a cold winter night the steam lines and switching and trucks made for quite a dramatic scene. Until the mid-'70's B&O had a small trans-loading yard located about four blocks to the northeast between the river and Columbus Road, with a spur that diagonally crossed and then ran south parallel to Columbus Road. It crossed the cereal plant lead at grade and served, IIRC, Cleveland Waste Paper. All the B&O track is long gone. Where the NYC stub yard was located, Flats Industrial now has two stub tracks, but I'm not certain how or if they are used.

I don't know if I was by the cereal plant. Someone from Cleveland was taking us around. I read my post and realize what I typed. I don't remember because it was dark and 15 years ago, not because of where I was that night. I was actually working.

There are 3 stub tracks to the south of the cereal plant. Two of the spare engines are kept on one. Look on Google maps.
Mike Kieran
Port Able Lines

" If the world were perfect, it wouldn't be " - Yogi Berra.

Messages In This Thread