Sumpter 250's duff challenge
Blow off valves are installed, and the operating rods from the cab to the valve handles are also in. I added the washout plugs that came with the valve castings. I did have to slightly re-rout the air line back to the cab, it was in the way of the engineer's side blow off.
I added the pilot, coupler lift bar, and railing. I still have to build a set of pilot steps, and install them, For whatever reason, I had removed them, probably to use somewhere else.
Took the loco down to the old modules to do a quick "swing test" ( there is an 18" radius "S" curve on the "back-tables" behind the module skyboards ) everything looks good, "as is", so one less worry. There's still the tender steps for the back end of the tender, and a couple more railings, and/or hand grabs to put on, and the tender will be ready for paint-------pending a final * inventory of appurtenances *, to make sure that I haven't missed anything. ( :oops: I really do not enjoy having to add detail :oops: after the paint has been applied Wink Smile )
Photos at 11:00 Wink
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!

Messages In This Thread