Speaking of Passenger Service
Here is some "outdoor" shots of my passenger equipment on my catenary demonstrator. a few months ago, I transplanted the catenary off my layout onto this "mini-module" so I could show some good HO catenary and attract members to our modular group.

This Great Northern car is actually prototypical for NJ DOT operations. I probably just need to paint a patch over the Great Northern lettering.

[Image: IMG_1498.jpg]

This GG1 is also new, but I plan to renumber it to #4883, and probably remove the CR patches (to be fair the unit DID keep its CR patches for a while). I luckily found some Champs "EH-253" decal sets for single stripe GG1s. As it turns out, the Microscale set only does 4811, but the Champs set has all the other numbers I'd need.

#4844 was very "photogenic", but it did not last long on conrail. It was retired early in 1979, and was probably dead long before that. Charlie has a photo on here elsewhere of 4844 heading to the scrapper. Since I already have another striped unit, 4840, which survived to the end of Conrail's GG1 fleet, it make sense to make this an NJ DOT unit.

[Image: IMG_1497.jpg]

Right now, I'm holding out for the Walthers Metroliners. I'm really excited about them and I can't wait! They'll probably get delayed ANOTHER 6 months, but whatever. gives me more time to save up so I can maybe pick up a few extras.

I'm gonna try and get my Arrow projects back under way. because the Arrow IIs have the same bodies as the Arrow IIIs, I'm going to try to do all the "same" work on those as well. I might actually try and complete my Arrow IIs before the Arrow IIIs, but we'll see.

Also, in a week or so, my Allumilite High Strength 2 and 3 should arrive, and I can finally clone JWB's Arrow and send it home! I've been keeping it safe my in my desk drawer, and I just checked it, still as it was. It has taken me way to long to get that project going!

Its all pretty exciting, since I'm pretty sure I can just about realistically model some corridor action with my roster!
Modeling New Jersey Under the Wire 1978-1979.  
[Image: logosmall.png]

Messages In This Thread