Your work area
A few shots of my work area and some projects waiting to to done. My work area was in the larger part of my basement up until just after the New Year. I decided to move it into a spare room in the basement as the larger area will be the home of my new layout once I get the track plan sorted out. The room is about 9.5' by 12'.

This my main work table. A large 5 drawer desk ( 30" x 60" top ) which was a bear to get down here in the basement. With the drawers removed and the legs off it still must weigh at least 80 pounds. I try to keep most of my steam locomotive detail parts and tools in the bins at the back of the desk along with my supply of NWSL screws and such. Above the back of the desk on the wall is three shelfs ( 2 show in the picture ). The lower one holds some RTR freight cars and some locomotives as well as some spare tenders and a brass CNR U-1-f mountain locomotive ( 4-8-2 ) frame with drivers, side rods and valve gear.Next to the brass CNR 4-8-2 frame is my completed CNR N-5-d 2-8-0. The shelf above that has a 3 foot test track with a handlayed #8 turnout. Right now it is home to two Rapido Trains CNR passenger cars and a Branchline Trains CNR sleeper car that is 85% built. The top shelf for the most part is the storage place for a large pile of code 83 flex track.

Most of the desk drawers are organized like this one. Some hold more parts and small tools. This one is home to some paint and glue and a few small tools. Unfortunatly it seems like not matter how much staorage space I have it is never enough. Eek

My current project. A brass CNR J-4-e Pacific 4-6-2. It has received a new can motor, NWSL gearbox and has been setup for DCC and its new Tsunami sound decoder. I have a few minor details to finish and it will be ready to be broken down for painting and decaling.

Wayne Reid

Messages In This Thread