Your work area
I work in a variety of places. Here are the majors:

The basement table is where I perform all of my airbrushing:
[Image: IMG_4313.jpg]
I have a cellar door just out of view to the right and a door to the garage to the left, so I can get use a fan to air it out well (plus I wear a mask). While I have the power sander, I've always had better luck doing it by hand. I also perform some of my resin casting on that table. A few boxes of supplies are on the rack beyond the table.

My primary space is the dining room table:
[Image: IMG_4314.jpg]
80% of my styrene cutting and assembly is performed on this table. I always glue over metal and cut over the cutting mat. I have to clean it up whenever we sit down at the table for dinner (5-6 nights per week). I keep all of my styrene and brass in a box.

I've most recently been working on a passenger car roof, so John H. White Jr's Passenger car book is on the table.
[Image: IMG_4290.jpg]

I store many of the goodies either in one of two drawers I have in the dining room:
[Image: IMG_4315.jpg]
Or in the China Cabinet:
[Image: IMG_4316.jpg]

It is not uncommon for me to set up shop on the kitchen table:
[Image: IMG_4317.jpg] (I'm making mexican food tonight...see my garden habaneros and Thai Chilis? Worship ) I also have assembled a craftsman kit in my son's room while he played...and I'm also known to use our tv tray while I watch football on sundays (the only time we "have tv" is from 1pm to 11pm on Sundays during football season).

My usual place for soldering, heavy sawing, and some styrene assembly is on the desk (my official work bench) next to my layout.
[Image: IMG_4318.jpg]
Currently, a Chinese girl is staying with us and so I've turned it over to her for use as her desk.

I perform all work with really nasty stuff (like melting lead) outside or in the garage.

My most common tools are kept in a tackle box that I inherited from my wife:
[Image: IMG_3561.jpg]
Michael
My primary goal is a large Oahu Railway layout in On3
My secondary interests are modeling the Denver, South Park, & Pacific in On3 and NKP in HO
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://thesouthparkline.blogspot.com/">http://thesouthparkline.blogspot.com/</a><!-- m -->

Messages In This Thread