GEC's Scratchbuild Summer '09 Challenge
Well, to be honest, i don't think i'm too confident that i'll be getting any of this done the way i had hoped. It is becoming increasingly difficult to find the parts i wanted to use.

I'm considering just building a dumbed down catenary set up just so that i can finish in time for the end of the contest, but i figure Its probably better to build things the right way instead of the wrong way.

As it stands, i plan to build more of the code 100 rail K-braced bridges. I'll buy a smaller code of rail for the actual "K" of the brace, and build some catenary at the turnouts. Until recently, i had no idea how to wire one properly, so I'd rather experiment now and see how it all works, and then try and build some super accurate stuff at a later date.

I did some experimenting with some thinner wire, small enough to accept the Tichy insulators.

I'm going to try and get practice doing the turn outs, so i will be building at least that, so keep an eye here for what i do. I think my goal will be one complete turnout, and about three feet of straight track wired. if i do it right, i can probably re-use the wire when i build new structures.
Modeling New Jersey Under the Wire 1978-1979.  
[Image: logosmall.png]

Messages In This Thread