Prototype modeling - how far can you take it?
viperman Wrote:I'm just using equipment from the major lines in my own way. And besides, I don't know of any logging operations in the area of Joliet either

My "logging" road, Shinnecock Hills Lumber Company, takes its name from Shinnecock Hills, L.I. N.Y., and there is no logging whatsoever, in "them thar hills"!

I guess you're taking it too far when:
*You photograph and model each individual tie, with the correct number of spikes, each with the exact rust pattern.
*You find the third spike south of mile post 22, has a 1956 quarter superglued to it, and you model it right down to the date on the quarter.
*You update all your rolling stock daily, with all the new graffiti, and bird droppings.
*You go out on the Wisconsin Central tracks, and pick up taconite pellets and grind them to exact scale for loads in your WC hoppers.
*Your LPB's wallets, have all their personal information,with photos, and cash in them.(including exact change in their pockets).
*You embroider the actual employee names on your LPB's company shirts. (in Z scale!!!)
*At the end of the day, each of your locos have the correct "bugsplat" pattern on the windshields.
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!

Messages In This Thread