Stein's Minneapolis Warehouse district 1957 (HO)
Thank you, guys.

Have finally cleaned the windows of 44-tonner of the remnants of the wood glue I used to mask them with before spraying the engine, have done a bit of spot patching with a regular brush to fix a couple of spots on the sill where the yellow was visible through the dark green, and given the engine a coat of gloss to have a basis for decals.

Now the gloss will have to cure at least until tomorrow afternoon - ie at least 24 hours, before I can try putting on Microscale decals using Microsol and Microset. Here are the decals I plan to use :

[Image: stripes.jpg]

[Image: heralds.jpg]

Maybe I can get a little start on one of my other projects, too, since I finally got the goodie box of stuff I ordered well before xmas. Mail from the US to Norway has seemed pretty slow lately. Oh well - whatever. As long as the stuff eventually arrives.

My RR 25-ton crane kit (which will be used for unloading bulk materials from barges (or loading barges) at the municipal barge terminal:
[Image: crane.jpg]

Any suggestions for good colors for this set ? It comes in fairly shiny black plastic. Should I just hit it with dull clear coat and then weather it with powders, or would it make sense to repaint it in black, or grey or oxide red or something ? I have only seen black and white pictures of the prototype, so it is a little hard to decide what would be a sensible color ... Goldth

I also recieved some more packs of Walther's modular sections - enough to make up that warehouse I was planning before xmas.

[Image: modulars.jpg]

And some brick sheet sections to glue to the side of the foamboard core of the International Harvester parts warehouse:
[Image: brick.jpg]

Smile,
Stein

Messages In This Thread