Stein's Minneapolis Warehouse district 1957 (HO)
Microscale offers Microset and Microsol, it has been so long since I did an modeling with the ongoing house remodel that I'm not sure which is which, but I think Microset is the solution you use on the model to wet it before you put on the decal. After the decal is in place and dry, it will not be settled over details and around corners very well so you add Microsol, which will soften the decal and allow it to settle over the details and around the corners. I have done a bunch of Santa Fe zebra stripes, and have never had a problem with the stripes not wrapping around the bodies of Gp7, 9, or the Sw7. The Microsol settled them right down. One word of caution, when you first apply the Microsol, the decal will wrinkly up and you will think you have ruined it. Leave it alone! As the Microsol dries, the decal straightens out and settles over the details and around the corners. Their is another product called Solvaset, it is much stronger than Microsol. I have used it on Champ decals and other brands that have a much thicker film than Microscale, but Microscale has such thin films that I don't use Solvaset on them.

Messages In This Thread