Stein's Minneapolis Warehouse district 1957 (HO)
Trucklover Wrote:I like what you did with the ADM Silos and conveyor housing Thumbsup Thumbsup Misngth

Thanks, Josh. I kept looking at that elevator, and it still looked way too small.

So I put together a group of 2x4 silos to put on the other side of the head house as well:

[Image: DSCN4849.jpg]

Now it looks like this looking down along the track:
[Image: DSCN4850.jpg]

It makes the whole corner more crowded, maybe too crowded:
[Image: DSCN4853.jpg]

But it might be worth it to get the elevator to look bigger - those things were big. And the milling district in Minneapolis was pretty crowded - with tracks squeezed in wherever they could fit.

Hmmm - wonder if I should just change the International Harvester warehouse in the back to be part of the elevator/mill complex ? If so, the elevator/mill complex would have three tracks - two in front of the elevator, one along the back.

Mmmm - I really like the way Dr Wayne's GERN plant looks, too - with the main curving between the buildings and the overpasses from the main factory to the smaller original factory.

Maybe I should go for something like this (potential changes in red) ?

[Image: warehouse42.jpg]

Well, anyways - I have to make sure to hit my local paint store before 1pm, so I can get what I need to start on the river scene - normal stores close at 1 pm on Saturdays over here, and stay closed on Sundays. Nicer for the people who work there, but less convenient when you discover you are out of something on Sunday morning. Oh well.

Grin,
Stein

Messages In This Thread