"New modules"
faraway Wrote:Ok, I see. I was mislead by the left most ship. It looks like it will load and unload some cargo to be handled on the dock.

Can't wait to see more docks and ships

Technically, at 57' hull length,the "left most" vessel, could qualify as a ship. She is a ketch rig, and a pleasure boat.

Between "common knowledge syndrome", and the ambiguity of the English language, I have to plead guilty to "misleading" you. I spoke of them as boat docks, which carries the connotation of " used for small craft ", where docks, without any "descriptive", would have the connotation of commercial piers, or ship docks.
When I complete the third walk bridge, and get them all installed, I'll shoot some more pics of that area. I have one more arch to build, and then add all the vertical, and diagonal structural members, then the 150' deck, and install on the module.

Each new detail, as I add it, seems to bring up details that I overlooked, like....the transition from land to the boat docks. I built a small section of bulkheading last night, to match the deck height of the docks, and hold back the ground for the approach. The parking area for the docks will actually be to the West of the dual gauge tracks ( not on the modules ) with a walk path across the tracks, and under the deck girder bridges. The bridgetender's access will be from the same parking lot.
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!

Messages In This Thread