Horrible discovery about the cost of the hobby!
Sumpter250 Wrote:Relative, all relative. I can buy a lot of "hobby", for the price of "greens fees" for 18 holes at most local golf courses, not to mention cart rental etc. etc. etc..
Trapshooting isn't cheap either, and how about the price of a movie ticket!
A hobby, however expensive it may be, is the source of individual, personal enjoyment, something hard to come by, and well worth the expense.
Funny you should say that, I just went trapshooting this morning. One round of trap: shotshells- $6.00 (Wal Mart), range fee: $5.50 (with shooting card), trap gun, uh, we won't even go there, suffice to say in the several four figures, although you can rent one for about $10 at most ranges. Let's not even talk about the other necessary equipment like pouches, vests and hearing protection.

No, when you look at these other "hobbies", I find that model railroading is among the cheaper choices.

Oh yeah, a few years ago when we went to a grand opening of a Bass store where we met with Chief Eagles, we did see a trap gun that was selling there for $98,000. Just a tad out of our price range. Eek
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD

Messages In This Thread