A bit of a surprise
I just read Hminky's replies in the Narrow gauge Logging and Mining forum, about scale 55. Combined with the tone of his replies, and the phrase in his signature, I felt it was necessary to PM him. I sent him this:
Harold,
I understand your "disagreements" with On30. I've followed your work and admire it to the point of going back to your posts for inspiration.
In my ship model work, I have been known to splice an eye in fly tying thread, when using it for running rigging.
I try not to make it sound like I demand that others do the same.........."stinkin' letters" sounds to me like a demand, so I'm asking you to please remove that comment from your signature. Replace it with something a bit more positive. The play on the movie line has its place, and can be funny, but its use can also be confrontational.
In your signature it comes across as confrontational, and just doesn't seem appropriate for a modeler of your experience and skill, and doesn't send a very friendly message. Thanks in advance,
Pete

If this is an over reaction......sorry. I just haven't known Harold to be quite so ready to ......"insist". He usually is a far better teacher than that.
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!

Messages In This Thread