WOOHOO! Good weather = time to build
doctorwayne Wrote:I was on my way out the door to come down to help you, too, Gary, when I heard about that big snowstorm in the eastern U.S. - with no snow tires on my car, I decided to not chance it. Misngth It's been over 20 years since I built my house so I probably wouldn't have been much help anyway.

Darn that snow! Although I sincerely doubt the veracity in your statement of "I probably wouldn't have been much help," I could have certainly used some moral support and good advice!

doctorwayne Wrote:I am surprised that you opted for a built-up roof, though: that building is ideally suited to a truss-type roof, which would have allowed you to put the centre wall anywhere or even not use it at all. I do realise that it'd be difficult to move the trusses using a pick-up truck, though. Goldth Goldth

I would have rather used trusses also, but I didn't want to go through the "hassle" of ordering them and having them delivered, then having to store them til I was ready, and then having to either rent some type of lift or manhandle (= struggle) them up on top. Certainly the trusses would have made the building go up quicker though. For my well house (14 x 30) I built my own trusses.

doctorwayne Wrote:Your dimensioned drawing (giving new meaning to "feet" and inches) Icon_lol is somewhat confusing, though, as I was sure that your plan looked like this:
[Image: a1proposedlayout.jpg]

Did you have to get planning permission to move the door to the opposite wall? Wink Misngth Misngth

Oh noooooo! I had the blueprint upside down when I built the building!!! Does this mean I have to start all over? :o
Three Foot Rule In Effect At All Times

Messages In This Thread