Sumpter250's 2010 Summer structure challenge, boat house
Maybe it's time to post some sort of progress pic's....
This first shot is of the parts sheets for the kit.
This will be the third time I've built this kit....
First, was the "alpha build", that was done to find any problems with the Autocad drawing. I had no instructions for that build.
Second, was the painted version used for the cover art of the kit. I followed the instructions to the letter here, to verify the order of procedure.
This time, I have to take things out of sequence because I'm applying shingles to roof and sides, and much of the kit's trim pieces won't be used. it also effects how the model will go together. Yes, there are a few parts. Wink

This second shot, is of two of the "sides" parts that have window casings,and shingles on. between the two, there's approximately 800 individually cut, and applied shingles.

I'll get most of the shingling done before any real assembly begins. ( this is the "period of mind blowing boredom" where not much happens except " pick a shingle, put it in place.......over, and over, and over ) ( insert "lunatic smilie" here )
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!

Messages In This Thread