Team Track Industry
Here are some shots I took of the TQW Crossdock facility on the Effingham Railroad in Effingham, IL, this past Friday (20100625). I had taken slides of this structure a few years ago when the EFRR first started operations, but can't locate them now, so on my way through Effingham I stopped and took these shots.

Always thought this would make an interesting small structure for a team track and may yet try to include a model of it on whatever I end up building for my HO layout. As you can tell, this structure is no longer in use and is rather difficult to get to these days. Once they constructed the large TQW warehouse (about 1/2 south of here) there was probably no longer any need for this building.

Although I didn't have anything with me to take measurements, the structure is roughly 20 feet deep and about 25-30 feet wide. There are two doors on the backside where you could park two trucks side by side and a single door on the front or rail side. A single personnel door is located on the north side. Would be very easy to kit bash this structure from a Pikestuff kit.     Back or west side of the TQW Crossdock - Note that the conveyor has nothing to do with this structure - just a place to put it out of the way.     North side (depending on how you view the structure) with the personnel door and stairs     South side of the structure.
Sorry I couldn't get shots of the track side, but as you can see, the EFRR is using about every track in the industrial park for car storage these days.
Ed
"Friends don't let friends build Timesavers"

Messages In This Thread