JB Industrial Fabrications
Wow, Chuck! I am really liking that brick structure!! I'm a sucker for old brick buildings (upstate Pennsylvania is bristling with them - all sizes, shapes and ages!) My GERN facility is to be a campus of such buildings.

But this baby has got some real character! The coping is so unremarkaably typical ... the cornice is nicely proportioned ... it is a very interesting structure architecturally. I like very much having only one door open on the dock - a device I am currently taking a break from fabricating right now ... it's to be open to one small "shadow box room" with some appropriate stuff - wood crates, burlap sacks, wood and steel barrels in it ... and a guy or two ... someone has to be working in there!

I like the way it is situated on its plot of real estate as well! The angle is perfect for getting the maximum amount of impact from the architectural palette available. Then you focus on detailing out the two visible sides, filling the interior with several flat black sheets corner to corner to eliminate "looking thru" and you've got a wonderful industrial anchor building!

Keep at it ... I'm bookmarking this thread! I want more! You've just gotta love those old 1880's to 1920's brick industrial hulks! They are beautiful in their solid-looking architectural simplicity, with a plethora of multi-paned green or medium-grey painted window frames. Keep up the good work! I'm looking forward to seeing it mature and begin to serve its purpose!

BTW, is that a cast plaster foundation its sitting on?
biL

Lehigh Susquehanna & Western 

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." ~~Abraham Lincoln

Messages In This Thread