Tall Ships Chicago
"Very mind boggling to look at if you have no idea what all those ropes and pulleys do. "

The process is called.." learning the ropes ". Big Grin

( "Before I forget too much of "Bounty", I have to get out the kit, and annotate the instruction sheet with all the details I saw while on board." ).
After reading a bit about "Bounty", and that she was once a collier, "Bethia", I decided to build the Revell kit as "Bethia". Apparently, that vessel name, and history, was forgotten because of the "mutiny", and there are precious few, if any models of her, so most of the "bounty details", are now of little use.
In fact, all current research on that name, leads only to HMS / HMAV Bounty. I need to order McKay's book,"Anatomy of The Ship, The Armed Vessel Bounty", as it is supposed to contain the admiralty drawings that show what changes were made to "Bethia", before she was renamed "Bounty".
Looks like I just might have some cannon, and some swivel guns, to "detail the Seaport" with. Icon_twisted Big Grin
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!

Messages In This Thread