Problems with the painful procedure for placing pictures...
It would appear that the KB limit is the determining factor if a picture will fit in the Gallery - I just now re-sized a number of pictures to 2,000x1,500 but the KB size was 475. The only way that I could find to reduce that was to further re-size the pixel dimensions of the picture (and it seems to be pretty much hit-or-miss thing as far as the resultant KB size is concerned). I selected 800x600, and ended up with a size of 60.7KB, which went into the Gallery just fine.
I did, however, discover (and discoveries like this almost don't even surprise me anymore) that I could exceed the 100 picture per subalbum limit - I had 94 pictures in my "Locomotive" sub-album, so was offered on six upload windows. The fifth picture which I was trying to upload, however, was too big, so I got the "Your file it too large" message (for some reason, that message always gives me a bit of a thrill Wink ). After re-sizing the offender, I proceeded to upload the 6 original pictures, which were accepted. Upon viewing the sub album, I discovered a total of 104 pictures therein - it turns out that the first four photos from my initial attempt were accepted, before the fifth image was rejected for being too large. For some reason, I was still offered 6 upload windows for my second attempt, resulting in the total being 4 images over the limit. Just as odd as this, after deleting the duplicates, I attempted to upload another batch to the same sub-album, only to be told that I had reached the limit.
So, in summary, the limit per sub-album is still 100, which is workable as long as we can get rid of the cap on the number of sub-albums. And the KB size of the picture seems to be the determining factor in deciding whether or not the Gallery will accept a photograph, as, in my attempts at least, all pictures anywhere near the pixel dimension limit far exceeded the KB limit.

Wayne

Messages In This Thread