Made a slight change in my track plan...
I think I get what you mean now - not sure how that would actually benefit though. Of course I am making the assumption that you know the area, which you probably don't. For 'realistic' operation with no roundy-rounds, the piece that would be removed is the upper left. In the 'real world' Alburtis is one and and the other end (modern day) is just past Chapmans. I think I was able to link the Bing maps views but not the vintage USGS topo maps of the area when I posted it on the Reading Modeler forum. Sometimes I post pictures on forums, but I'm on so many different ones I loose track, so I just keep a link to my site in my sig. There are updates since I started this thread - in fact I updated twice in the same week! A new record Icon_lol Tonight is train night, perhaps I will actually get somethign done for a change. No new stuff until after the new year so I have to work with what supplies i have on hand. Not really a bad thing - I have a shelf stacked to the falling down point with unbuilt kits of all types, most of which can be finished with the supplies i have on hand, and I have enough track to at least finish the main on the three sides I have built, enough cork to finish the whole thing, and enough wood to finish a few small tasks like my DCC shelf. In short - I have more than enough to keep busy through the winter without purchasing so much as another coupler or wheelset or paint.

--Randy
Modeling the Reading Railroad of the 1950's in HO

Visit my web site to see layout progress and other information:
http://www.readingeastpenn.com

Messages In This Thread