Made a slight change in my track plan...
Quote:Tonight is train night, perhaps I will actually get somethign done for a change. No new stuff until after the new year so I have to work with what supplies i have on hand. Not really a bad thing - I have a shelf stacked to the falling down point with unbuilt kits of all types, most of which can be finished with the supplies i have on hand, and I have enough track to at least finish the main on the three sides I have built, enough cork to finish the whole thing, and enough wood to finish a few small tasks like my DCC shelf. In short - I have more than enough to keep busy through the winter without purchasing so much as another coupler or wheelset or paint.

Cheers Although I share the same sentiment, I will probably purchase a few materials for the layout, and the big train show is coming up soon...hard to resist purchasing a treasure or two. But if you stick to it it's a very rewarding feeling, as you may well know, to do just what you're suggesting and chip away at that pile of kits. Once a person gets to the layout building stage where you can place a few structures and run a few trains, those old unbuilt kits can find a home! Cheers

thanks for sharing your progress!

Galen
I may not be a rivet counter, but I sure do like rivets!

Messages In This Thread