Temp control panel
I hooked up two of my Tam Valley Singlets and got the servos installed - pretty easy, the alignment it's super picky as long as there is enough room for the arm to move back and forth to completely move the points. The self adjust feature finds the proper servo endpoints, and the rest of the programming is really simple - easist to me is to use Ops Mode and program loco 01. Four CVs control the color of the LEDs, I stuck with red and green. Since I don;t have any fascia installed yet, and I really don't want to install it until I finish the bus wiring - easier to crawl under and more light uderneath without it in place - I needed to do somethig to hold the two controllers so I could use them - hanging by the wires is not an option. Looking around I saw a cardboard box with the flap in decent condition. So I cut the flap off, and using the template supplied with the Singlet, drilled holes in it and mounted the Singlets. Then I ran a few screws through the cardboard to screw it to the side rail of the layout. Works perfectly. I assigned DCC address to them, wrote those addresses on the cardboard, and also drew in the track diagram with a Sharpie. So I can operate the turnouts with the pushbuttons or via DCC switch commands.

[Image: cpfront.jpg]
[Image: cpback.jpg]

--Randy
Modeling the Reading Railroad of the 1950's in HO

Visit my web site to see layout progress and other information:
http://www.readingeastpenn.com

Messages In This Thread